1. Privacy and Responsible Use of Information In this policy: • “we” or “CTNZ” means Custom Tackle New Zealand Limited or any related CTNZ company providing you with our services • “you” means you, the person using our services, or visiting our website • “services” means all goods or services we provide and anything else we do for you, including providing you with access to our website
2. How We Handle Security – CTNZ may hold personal information in paper format and/or by electronic means. We take all reasonable measures, using both electronic and physical safeguards to ensure this information is kept safe and secure. • Data held in physical format – this data is kept physically safe by being stored in lockable cabinets. These cabinets are kept in secure locations either on or off site, with access limited to authorised individuals only. • Data held in electronic format – this data is stored in a manner compliant with industry standards. These precautions include firewalls, password protection and access controls.
3. What Information We Collect and Why – We collect information about you to provide you with the product or service you have selected. This may include verifying your identity, finance approval, account management, arrears enforcement and end of contract communication. We may also use this information to provide you with details of products and services that may be relevant to you, and to ask for your opinion of our products and services from time to time. The types of information we collect and handle include identity and contact details of you and your referees, information about your financial circumstances and history, and products or service preferences you may have. Generally, we collect this from you. With your consent, we may obtain information about you from others. This allows us to provide and tailor our products and services to best suit your needs. CTNZ may also collect information from the digital interactions customers and web site users have on digital assets of CTNZ. The information collected may arise from use of apps, emails, web site viewing and other digital interactions. The types of information collected may include, but not be limited to: • IP address of the machine you connect to the web site with • Operating system and browser your computer used to view the website • Time, duration and date of your visit • Pages you viewed • And any personal data you choose to share, such as email address • Any information about you freely available online This information is used to assist in the assessment and creation of CTNZ marketing initiatives. This information is not shared with external third-party organisations for the purpose of sale or profit. All information given either expressly or through interactions will be treated with respect for your privacy.
5. Quality, Access to and Correction of Information – Information about customers is integral to decisions we make about our products and services for customers. It is essential that this information is correct. Please help us to ensure this by alerting us to any changes in your circumstances. You are also welcome to get access to information we hold about you and to draw any inaccuracies to our attention, by contacting us as outlined in the contact us section.
6. Privacy and Email Marketing – CTNZ exercises responsible email marketing practices and adheres to the guidelines on marketing messaging set out by the Department of Internal Affairs. • Consent – your express, inferred or deemed consent is required in order for you to be added to any email marketing communications. • Sender Information – we clearly state when any email communications are sent by CTNZ to ensure all recipients know who the email is from. • Unsubscribe – all marketing email communication includes the ability to unsubscribe from future marketing communications if desired. All CTNZ email communication is compliant with CAN-SPAM requirements as well as international anti-SPAM standards. If any recipient would like to unsubscribe, they are able to do so either from the email itself, or via telephone. If the recipient wishes to unsubscribe via telephone they will be required to provide sufficient proof of identity in order to do so. For any recipient who has accidentally unsubscribed and would like to opt in to CTNZ email communications, they can do so via telephone. A verification process will need to be followed to ensure recipients making such a request are authorised to do so.
7. Links and other Web Sites – On the CTNZ web sites there may be advertising or links to third party sites which offer services and information to you. Having these links on CTNZ web sites does not express or imply that we support or recommend any other company, product or service. We do not control, and are not responsible for, the information on any third-party site found through our site.
9. What to do if you have a Complaint or Concern If you require more detailed information on the way in which we handle information about you, or you are concerned about our treatment of your information, please contact us.
10. Contact Us
Phone: +64 027 444 4416
781 Pyes Pa Road, Tauranga 3173, New Zealand